- Do you want to join one of the fastest growing companies in New Zealand?
- Do you want to make a career in the Food Service/Hospitality industry?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to hear from YOU!!
Service Foods Limited is a New Zealand wide company specialising in Food service. We supply to Cafes, Restaurants, Hotels, Manufacturers, Retailers, Distributors and exporters nationwide with a broad selection of imported and locally manufactured food products. Our core product areas are across fresh produce, dry, frozen and chilled departments.
Service Foods Limited is a very high growth company, and has great plans for the New Zealand food service market. We have 9 branches nation-wide and are working towards expanding our national footprint even further. Our philosophy ensures that we come to work every day to make a difference to the lives of the people we deal with.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Butcher to join our amazing Butchery Morning shift Team based at our Auckland Branch. This is a full-time permanent position; days/hours of work are Monday-Friday from 5 am - 1:30 pm (approx.)
You need to be someone who would be flexible to the jobs assigned, ideally this position requires incumbents to have experience in cutting meat, trimming, scraping, cleaning and preparation of standard meat cuts.
- Experience in cutting meat, trimming, scraping, cleaning and preparation of standard meat cuts.
- Operate sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and/or cooking kettles and vats.
- Operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat.
- Have high energy levels
- Be fit and strong
- Have a great attitude
- Can work in a team environment
- Previous experience as Butcher.
- Excellent reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Basic Time management skills are necessary.
- Attention to detail.
Prior NZ experience in this field mandatory. Knowledge of basic food ingredients is essential. Applicants for this position must have NZ citizenship or residency.